Maintenance is one of the major aspects that one needs to look into to be able to reduce the amount of malfunctions on appliances. Maintaining your machine in an appropriate way will not only reduce the number of malfunctions that could have occurred on an appliance but also it will contribute to reducing expenses related to repairs. For example, learning to maintain a fridge appropriately will reduce the amount of money spent on fridge repairs. Below is a checklist that can easily be followed to maintain your appliances easily at home.
- Always unplug the appliance before cleaning or inspection.
- Make sure to have a polarized outlet for every outlet that needs one.
- Do not use your appliance if your hands are wet.
- If you feel any indication of electrical shocks or tingles, be sure to unplug or switch off your appliance until it is checked.
- Always check for the manufacturer notes before using the appliance and make sure the appliance is only used for its intended purpose.
- Always keep manufacturers manual close by in case for the need of reference.
- Be very careful while you clean or move the appliance at any point in time.
- Keep the appliance in a space that is well ventilated and not crowded
- When you set an appliance to an automatic operation be very careful to ensure that you use an energy source that does not pose any hazards and also make sure that those who handle it are knowledgeable.
Ensure that the materials used in the appliance are only the ones that are recommended by the manufacturer since some other materials may be hazardous.